The Birthday Gift Guide For Music Lovers
Juggalos love their Faygo, fans of Macklemore are fans of Good Will, and Bassheads rep bro tanks.
Stereotypes abound for every type of music fan. While few (if any) are true all the time, a person’s taste in music tells you quite a bit about their likes and dislikes. It’s one of the best ways to sneak a peek into the deepest corners of their hearts … other than performing surgery, of course.
When a special occasion like their birthday rolls around, using that taste of music as a gift guide can be a fun and easy way to give them a special gift that truly speaks to them.
Especially if it’s a carton of Faygo.
The Singer Songwriter Spirit
Your birthday recipient is the type that appreciates gifts from the heart. They cherish their memories and the people in them more than most. They are down for some good old fashioned adventures and prioritize soothing their souls. Grounded and “one with nature” are words you would use to describe them, so consider a birthday gift that highlights those earthy qualities.
- Polaroid camera to snap their favorite moments – raw,unedited and brimming with life in each frame.
- A personalized mug to beat out any generic patterns in their cupboard for their daily cup of tea or coffee.
- Press some of their favorite flowers or leaves and frame them for unique deco.
- Make a map of the best sunset spots in town and promise a picnic at a spot of their choosing.
The Indie Pop Individuals
Those passionate about Indie Pop are often eclectic, creative and expressive. They have a strong appreciation for the arts and often like to put their own artistic abilities to the test. They thrive in their own individuality when it comes to their way of life and personal style, so they’ll love a birthday gift that celebrates them in a unique way.
- Tickets to the best art museum in town so they can get lost in the newest exhibition.
- Assemble a paint set with acrylics, brushes and canvases (and wine if appropriate) if they are the “hands-on” type.
- Give $50 towards a thrift shop stop as a low budget way to find the most unique wearables.
- A collection or subscription to their favorite indie magazine publication, because they still love the printed internet alternative.
The Country Crowd
These folks enjoy kicking back in their own version of paradise while sipping some brews. They love a good story just as much as they love a good time. Family and friends are what bring them the most joy, so a meaningful gift will evoke a lot of feels on their birthday.
- Plan a cookout with their favorite local beer iced and waiting for them.
- Purchase tickets for a local brewery tour if they’re really a beer fanatic.
- A trip to the best country bar in town will let their free spirit ride.
- Hardcover love novels will speak to their affinity for romance stories.
- Accessories: earthy wooden print water bottle, phone or laptop case, gear in support of their favorite sports team, or a bolo tie to reflect their country-lovin’ charm.
The Hip-Hop & Rap Crew
This squad appreciates life’s decadences while repping strong hometown pride. When they jam, they jam hard, and they love with their entire beings. Give them something that brings out that passion.
- Plan a nice dinner in a childhood favorite place.
- A romance kit: candles, a fur blanket and a bottle of champagne.
- The hottest new portable speakers or headphones so they can enjoy their beats in the highest quality.
- Bling is everything: a diamond choker, a new watch, or (as a lower budget option) an ornate shot glass
The Folk Fanatics
You would describe your special birthday someone as sweet-hearted DIY lover with a positive attitude. They love refining their culinary craft in the kitchen with new eclectic ideas . Buying local is something they’re passionate about, and they have a certain folksy look to them, so you know they’ll love a sweet birthday gift that’s just as eclectic.
- Organize a mason jar cocktail party on their behalf topped off with white lights as decorations.
- A recipe book with their favorite type of foods (dinners, desserts, vegan, vegetarian, etc.). The more specific, the better.
- Hand-made pair of custom earrings or a new bow tie is perfect for their wardrobe.
- Give $100 for a local flea/farmer’s market spree, so they can shop to their heart’s content.
Birthdays are special no matter how much your birthday guy/gal plays it down. Your gift, no matter how big or small, should be specific to their lifestyle — or music style, if you will. We hope these gift ideas helped, and don’t shy from mixing and matching between the categories! We’re sure they’ll love whatever you end up doing because it’s from you, someone special to them.
Of course, the ultimate music-inspired birthday gift is exactly that: music! To really surprise and delight your special someone, give them a personalized song with lyrics, instrumentation and a melody inspired by their unique story. No amount of Faygo or bro tanks can compare to something this one-of-a-kind.
Learn more about giving the most unique, personalized birthday gift that will be remembered forever!